Music for Your Ceremony
|"We are blessed that you came into our lives and helped put together a wonderful celebration of our love. Thank you for your wonderful guidance–your approach made the planning process so pleasurable, and it seemed we never lost focus of what was truly important. Thank you also for inspiring our creativity with the service. I was honored to have our son Zachary playing the violin and participating so actively in the ceremony. If ever we can help you in any way, don’t hesitate to call. Love, Pete"
All wedding ceremonies benefit from musical accompaniment.
Music is provided for wedding ceremonies in one or more of the following ways:
- By Musicians
- By a Vocalist.
- By a DJ.
- By Portable audio equipment.
A vocalist will work well supported by either musicians or a DJ. Couples then must decide which format - live by musicians or recorded and played by a DJ - is right for them. Both have advantages. Musicians have a presence and can create an “atmosphere” for your event that a DJ simply cannot do. But a DJ can play any music ever recorded, which is something musicians cannot do, and when music is chosen tastefully- a DJ can produce results that are just as impressive as those of the live musicians.
If you have a favorite theme or song that you want played during your wedding, have it performed during the lighting of the unity candle and/or presentation of roses. Never have it played alone while you stand idle listening to it. This will be anything but romantic for you, and will transform the ceremony into a one song concert. The exception to this is when a vocalist performs, because at that time all attention is on the vocalist- the one performing the action- not the both of you standing there idle.
Normally music is played at five distinct times throughout the ceremony:
- During the seating of guests
- The entrance of the bridal party
- The entrance of the bride (Processional)
- During the lighting of candles, sand ceremony and/or giving of roses to mothers (possible)
- At the exit of the bridal party (Recessional)
Be creative in your choices of music! You do not have to choose traditional music if that is not what you want. Your audience will give you high marks if you treat them to great music while they watch you marry the person of your dreams.
Some Wedding Songs
- 5th Symphony Beethoven
- Adagio From Sonata in E-Flat Mozart
- Clair de Lune Debussy
- Jesu, Joy Of man’s Desiring Bach
- Largo Handel
- Lasia Ch’io Pianga Handel
- Nocturne in E Flat, Op.9 No.2 Chopin
- So This Is Love (Cinderella) David, Hoffman, Livingston
- Someone to Watch Over Me Madatian
- Waltz (from Sleeping Beauty) Tchaikovsky
- 5th Symphony Bach
- Air on the G String Bach
- Arioso Bach
- Ave Maria Bach
- Bridal Chorus Robert Shaw and Chorus
- Cannon in D Renaissance Ensemble
- Choral Song Samuel Wesley
- Four Seasons (Winter) Vivaldi
- One Hand, One Heart Leonard Bernstein
- What a Wonderful Word Bach
- Amazing Grace Lari White
- Ave Maria Schubert
- Because You Love Me Celine Dion
- Endless Love Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
- From This Moment On Shania Twain and Bryan White
- Household of Faith Steve and Anne Paynte
- I Believe in You and Me Whitney Houston
- It’s Your Love Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
- Keeper of the Stars Tracy Byrd
- Lord’s Prayer Mallote
- Minuet (Don Giovanni) Mozart
- Prelude in C Bach
- We’ve Only Just Begun Carpenter
- You Light Up My Life LeAnn Rimes
- A Whole New World (Aladdin) Peabo Bryson and Regina Bell
- Because You Loved me
- Endless Love Lionel Ritchie
- For the First Time Kenny Loggins
- Forever and Ever, Amen Randy Travis
- From this Moment On Shania Twain
- Have I Told You Lately Van Morrison
- I Cross My Heart George Strait
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing Aerosmith
- I Love the Way You Love Me John Michael Montgomery
- I’ll Always Love You Taylor Dayne
- In My Life The Beatles
- Just the Way You Look Tonight Tony Bennett
- Me and You Kenny Chesney
- Something The Beatles
- Somewhere Out There Linda Ronstadt and James I.
- The Gift Jim Brickman
- Unchained Melody The Righteous Brothers
- Wind Beneath My Wings Bette Midler
- You Are So Beautiful Joe Crocker
- You’re the Inspiration Chicago